Healthy & Delicious Summer Dessert (Low in Sugar!)
Surprise your family with a healthy & easy granita recipe that incorporates coconut sugar as a tasty alternative to natural sugar.
This is wonderful dessert recipe for diabetics who often cannot enjoy a delicious dessert. Blueberries, blackberries & strawberries all score low on the glycemic index so you can add them as garnish for a great source of healthy fiber, vitamins & antioxidants.
It is perfect for a summer evening and the presentation looks like you have worked for hours when it literally takes minutes to make.
Lemon Avocado Leaf Tea Granita
- Juice from 5 lemons
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup Avocado Leaf Tea Lemon Blend
- ¾ cup granulated coconut sugar (or ¼ cup of your favorite sugar substitute)
- Berries - pick one or two you love
- Steep 1 cup of Avocado Leaf Tea Lemon Blend in hot water for 3 minutes
- Combine warm tea and ¾ cup of granulated coconut sugar (or replace with ¼ cup of your favorite substitute)
- Stir until coconut sugar is dissolved, and add the juice of 5 lemons
- Add the liquid to a shallow baking dish and place level in the freezer
- Scrape the edges of the mixture every 30 minutes for 3 hours until the liquid has crystallized
- Scoop the completed granita into chilled glasses and top with your favorite berries