If you're looking for a refreshing summer drink that's low in sugar and calories, then you should check out this avocado tea granita recipe. Surprise your family with a healthy & easy granita recipe that incorporates coconut sugar as a tasty alternative to natural sugar.
Avocado tea granita is a low-calorie drink that’s perfect for keeping you hydrated this summer. The best part? It only takes five minutes to make! There’s no need to put any effort into making this avocado tea granita — just add the ingredients to your blender, blend them, and freeze for about three hours. When it’s ready to eat, simply scrape the mixture with a fork and enjoy!
This recipe uses granulated coconut sugar as a substitute for refined white sugar. Granulated coconut sugar is made from evaporated cane juice crystals that have been dehydrated at low temperatures, so it has many of the same health benefits as raw honey. It also contains fewer calories than regular sugar.
It's also important to choose a high-quality teabag because some teas contain lots of chemicals and additives that can affect your health negatively if consumed regularly. We recommend using Avocado Tea Co.’s Avocado Leaf Tea Lemon Blend.
Avocado Tea Granita Recipe
Coconut sugar is a delightful substitute for natural sugar that can be used in a granita dish. This recipe can be a pleasant surprise for your family because it is both healthful and easy to make.
This is wonderful dessert recipe for diabetics who often cannot enjoy a delicious dessert. You may use blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries as garnish because all of these berries have a low score on the glycemic index. This makes them an excellent source of healthful fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants.
The dish can be whipped together in a matter of minutes, but it appears as though you spent a lot of time working over it, which belies the fact that it is ideal for a warm summer evening.
This recipe is gluten-free and vegan, thanks to the naturally produced lemon avocado tea blend from Avocado Tea Co. It's also super easy to prepare and only requires three ingredients. So, if you feel like drinking something a little different this summer without consuming an excess amount of sugar, give this Avocado Tea Granita recipe a try!
Lemon Avocado Leaf Tea Granita
- Juice from 5 lemons
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup Avocado Leaf Tea Lemon Blend
- ¾ cup granulated coconut sugar (or ¼ cup of your favorite sugar substitute)
- Berries - pick one or two you love
- Steep 1 cup of Avocado Leaf Tea Lemon Blend in hot water for 3 minutes
- Combine warm tea and ¾ cup of granulated coconut sugar (or replace with ¼ cup of your favorite substitute)
- Stir until coconut sugar is dissolved, and add the juice of 5 lemons
- Add the liquid to a shallow baking dish and place level in the freezer
- Scrape the edges of the mixture every 30 minutes for 3 hours until the liquid has crystallized
- Scoop the completed granita into chilled glasses and top with your favorite berries